When school is out for the summer, road trips are a great way to have the family close together, and have fun. Before you head out on your road trip, there are some items that you must take care of. Making sure your car is ready for a road trip is a great way to protect your family and make your trip a huge success. Below you will find a list of items to take care of in your preparation for your road trip before you leave.
1. Schedule a checkup: have a mechanic check out your car just to make sure everything is working the way it should.
2. Stay charged: check to make sure your battery is fully charged, and not losing power. Also, clean your battery terminals to make sure the connection is good.
3. Read the rubber: inspect your tires for any tears in the side wall. The tires should have a good amount of tread left. If you are in doubt, take your vehicle to a tire place, and ask them to inspect them.
4. Check the brakes: have your brake pads checked to make sure they are in perfect working order.
5. Be prepared: bring supplies so that your family is prepared in case of an accident or medical emergency. Stock your car with essentials, such as a flashlight, blanket, and first-aid kit.
6. Stock up: bring extra food and water so that you are prepared if you need them, and can’t get somewhere to buy them.
When you follow the above steps, your car will be prepared for any road trip. Taking care of these things before you leave will ensure that you have a safe, fun trip with your family.
For more information on preparing your car for a road trip, please contact us.